Specialized Dental Assistant Opportunity
We are looking for Certified Level II Dental Assistants who strive for excellence while providing superior patient care and building positive relationships with our patients.
- Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials
- Performs procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols
- Readies patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, and seating patient
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests
- Assembles instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area, positioning instruments for dentist’s access, suctioning, and passing instruments
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies and pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations and cleaning and polishing removable appliances
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Successful graduation from an approved Dental Assistant Program
- Registered Level II Dental Assistant in the province of New Brunswick
- Current CPR and First Aid training
- Possess great energy for a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal, an ability to make patients feel comfortable and at ease
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Experience using Dentrix
We offer excellent salary, signing bonus, paid flexible vacation, uniforms, continuing education opportunities and a great working environment with the best view in the city and a close knit team! No evenings or weekends!
If you are a Dental Assistant who is ready to work with a Multispecialty Team– contact us today. We are excited to meet you! Please submit your resume, in confidence, to email@example.com and show us what makes you the right fit for our team full of Rockstars!